Dental Hygienists use preventive, educational and calming methods to help prevent oral diseases whilst helping patients to achieve and maintain oral health. They will work with you to determine the best oral hygiene routine for your individual needs.
A Dental Hygienist plays a very important role in your dental health. Visiting your Dental Hygienist is a simple and easy way to achieve and maintain excellent dental health. Following are the tasks which dental hygienists perform;
- Educating and counselling children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition.
- Removal of deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planning.
- Assisting in the prevention and control of dental caries (decay) and gum disease.
- Make impressions of patients’ mouth for the construction of bleaching trays and mouth guards.
- Instruct patients on how to look after their teeth and gums after oral surgery.
- Help maintain and stabilise gum disease to prolong the life of teeth.
At Mill Lane Dentistry we recommend routine visits every 6 months for a thorough examination and clean with your hygienist. To book your visit please call us on 0207 794 2788 or click here to email us